|DIRTY DOZEN 5K ADVENTURE CHALLENGE
Saturday April 20th, 2013 9:00AM First Wave Start
Albany Motorsports Park -
33648 Berry Dr. NE Albany, OR 97322
ALBANY DEMOCRAT-HERALD PHOTOS
WAVE 1 9:00 AM
WAVE 2 9:10 AM
WAVE 3 9:20 AM
Run Wild Adventures has partnered with Albany Motorsports Park to host the "1st annual" Dirty Dozen obstacle course 5K adventure challenge!
Directions from Salem
Take I 5 South to exit 237 Viewcrest. Take a left off exit go over the over pass then take a right on Century Dr. follow 1 mile and turn left on Berry Dr.
Directions from Eugene
Take I 5 North to exit 235 Viewcrest. Take a left on Century Dr. follow for 1 mile
then turn right on Berry Dr. SIGNS WILL BE POSTED! Carpooling is always encouraged!
The Dirty Dozen features "12" man made obstacles spread out along a 3.1 mile course at the Albany MotorSports Park. The course will feature some of the most creative and challenging man made and natural obstacles you will find anywere. You will need to bring an extra set of clothes as you will be covered in mud. There will be water crossings and creek crossings. The course will run along the motocross track and then will narrow up as you wind your way through the wooded trails and twist and turn your way back to the circle track to the finish line. Get ready for an adventure that will be lots of fun and extremely challenging at the same time. Awards for the Top 3 overall Male and Female finishers and age group winners! Age groups are 9 and under, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+.
Random prizes will be given away from our sponsors.
Along with running on and around a Muddy Motocross Track with lots of small elevation changes, participants will also be faced with the "DIRTY DOZEN" Obstacles!
CLICK HERE FOR AN AERIAL VIEW OF THE PARK
1. 25ft square of tires to navigate through
2. 2ft deep x 20ft long water crossing with muddy banks at each end
3. Log crossing over a creek
4. Huge Mud Bog over knee deep
5. 5 walls ranging from 4-6ft high to climb
6. 20ft set of monkey bars over a mud pit
7. Cargo Net climb up to a platform then off into a huge pile of wood chips
8. Sets of logs to climb over and under leading up to another mud pit followed by 2 large plastic tubes set at a 45deg angle
9. 5 sets of huge tractor tires to crawl through
10. Huge storage container with different options to climb up and over
11. 50 ft crawl in mud on hands and knees under ropes and wire
12. Big water tank climb up and over
The entire course and all obstacles are family friendly and if to difficult for any person there will be a way around them. All abilities welcome no experience necessary.
Day of Race registration/Check-in begins at 7:30 AM
Limited to 500 participants!
$50 Day of Race. Sorry, NO Refunds or Transfers allowed
Tech shirts available to purchase with your registration for $15. Shirts available day of race for $20 (quantities and sizes limited)
Results and Photos:
Posted on-line at our website within 24 hours
Please CLICK HERE for any questions
RUN WILD ADVENTURES THE ORGANIZERS OF THIS EVENT DO NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR INJURIES THAT OCCUR AT THE EVENT. THE COSTS RELATED TO THOSE INJURIES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPANT.